How to Bake Quandong PieOctober 30, 2022 2022-10-31 11:09
How to Bake Quandong Pie
Now this recipe is a bit of a fan favourite.
If you want to impress people by baking a native Australian pie, then this will do it!
The quandong is a native Australian fruit, which is extremely high in Vitamin C.
Feel free to watch this video, to get a more immersive experience, or read on for the written recipe.
- 500 grams of dried quandongs
- 1 kg of apples
- Brown sugar
- Shortcrust pastry
- In a pot stew down quandongs and apples, adding brown sugar as you go. This should create a lovely thick texture.
- Grease a baking tin heavily with butter and then lay down a sheet of puff pastry, ensuring you cover the entire tin.
- Once the stewed quandongs and apples have cooled, place into the baking tin.
- Cover the top of the pie with criss-crossed strips of short crust pasty, to create a beautiful layer of pastry.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees or until the pastry is golden!
- Serve with your choice of icecream, cream or greek yoghurt for the best results.
And that is how simple it is to bake a quandong pie!
Honestly this recipe is a show stopped, because it showcases Australia’s amazing native foods.